How will do upload a file greater than 200 megabytes in Amazon S3?
- As we know that Amazon S3 supports of storing objects or files up to 5 terabytes.
- But if you want to upload an file greater than 100 megabytes then we have to use of Multipart upload functionality from AWS.
- we can upload an large file in multiple parts if we use Multipart upload.
- In this case , each part will be uploaded independently and uploading time decreases.
How do Encryption is done in S3?
In Transit: SSL/TLS
Server-Side in Encryption
S3 Managed Keys – SSE-S3
AWS Key Management Service, Managed of Keys – SSE-KMS
Server-Side Encryption with Customer Provided Keys – SSE-C Client-Side Encryptions
List the components required to build Amazon VPC?
Ans: Subnet, Internet Gateway, NAT Gateway, HW VPN Connection, Virtual Private Gateway, Customer Gateway, Router, Peering Connection, VPC Endpoint for S3, Egress-only Internet Gateway.
How do you safeguard your EC2 instances running in a VPC?
Ans: Security Groups can be used to protect your EC2 instances in a VPC. We can configure both INBOUND and OUTBOUND traffic in a Security Group which enables secured access to your EC2 instances. Security Group automatically denies any unauthorized access to your EC2 instances.
In a VPC how many EC2 instances can you use?
Ans: Initially you are limited to launch 20 EC2 Instances at one time. Maximum VPC size is 65,536 instances.
Where does the query results from Athena get stored?
Answer : In Amazon S3
What is DNS?
- The Domain Name Service or DNS, is a name resolution service on a TCP/IP network.
- It is an application layer which defines how the application runs on different systems, pass the messages to each other.
- DNS stands for Domain Name System.
- DNS provides a mapping between the name of a host(on the network) and its address.
- DNS is required for the functioning of the internet.
- DNS is a service that translates the domain name into IP addresses.
- It applies to both IP version 4 and IP version 6.
- A DNS zone is related to a DNS domain name.Ex: cloudvikas.com.
- The DNS zone refers to the configuration of the
- DNS records, or
- DNS domain name and
- The DNS server that has control over those records within that zone.
What is TTL or The time to live in DNS?
DNS TTL (time to live) is a setting that tells the DNS resolver how long to cache a query before requesting a new one. So its information is stored in the cache of the recursive or local resolver for the TTL before it reaches back out to collect new, updated details.
- Example: If a client queries its configured DNS server to resolve a name to an IP address then a server does a successful name resolution result, it will cache it for a period of time. That period of time is called the TTL or the time to live.
- We recommend a TTL of 24 hours (86,400 seconds). However, if you are planning to make DNS changes, you can lower the TTL to 5 minutes (300 seconds) at least 24 hours in advance of making the changes.
Consider you need to allow inbound DNS client queries to a VPC subnet. Which port should you allow in the Network ACL rule?
Question: Which type of DNS record routing rule allows sending a percentage of traffic to a specific host?
Ans – Weighted
Question: You are registering a new DNS domain through Route 53. What must you supply when registering the domain?
Ans – Contact details
Question: Which type of SQS queue does not use ordered messaging?
Ans – Standard
Question: Which terms best describe the purpose of AWS Lambda?
Ans – Triggers
Question: With Simple Notification Service, which item is a communication channel to which messages are published?
ANs – Topic
Question: Which AWS resource lends itself to application component decoupling?
Ans – SQS
Question: Which of the following are valid SQS queue types?
Ans – FIFO
Question: Why do application containers start up very quickly?
Ans – They use the underlying host OS
Question: Which records exist automatically in a new hosted DNS zone?
Ans – NS
Question: Which of the following statements is correct? Choose two.
Security group rules have a priority number
Security groups are associated with EC2 instances
Network ACL rules have a priority number
Network ACLs are associated subnets
Ans – Network ACL rules have a priority number
Network ACLs are associated subnets
Question: You are using the AWS management console to create a new Network ACL. What must the ACL be associated with?
Ans – VPC
Question: You have created a network ACL. You now need to create ACL rules using the CLI. Which command should you use?
Ans – aws ec2 create-network-acl-entry
Question: Which PowerShell statement is used to create a Network ACL?
Ans – New-EC2NetworkAcl -VpcId
Question: Which AWS objects can Elastic IPs be associated with?
Ans – Instance
Question: You are using the AWS management console to create a new Security Group. What must the security group be associated with?
Ans – VPC
Question: Which CLI command is used to list AWS Security Groups?
Ans – aws ec2 describe-security-groups
Question: we need to allow port 3389 traffic to pass into an EC2 instance. Which PowerShell cmdlet should we use to modify the security group associated with the instance?
Ans – Grant-EC2SecurityGroupIngress
Question: Which term best describes the role of an AWS Internet Gateway?
Ans – Pass-through
Question: You have created an Internet Gateway in VPC1, yet EC2 instances in VPC1 subnets cannot reach the Internet. What should you do?
Ans – Add a route from the subnets
Question: Which term best describes the role of an AWS NAT Gateway?
Ans – Proxy
Question: Which two items must a new NAT gateway be associated with?
Ans – Elastic IP
How will you convert and migrate an on-premise Oracle database to AWS Aurora.
Answer : First we will convert database schema and code using AWS Schema Conversion Tool then will migrate data from the source database to the target database using AWS.
You expect a large number of GET and PUT requests on S3 bucket. You could expect around 300 PUT and 500 GET requests per second on the 53 bucket during a selling period on your web site. How will you do good design to ensure optimal performance?
Answer : We have to ensure the object names have appropriate key names.
Which AWS Service filter, transform messages (coming from sensor) and store them as time series data in Dynamo DB?
Answer : loT Rules Engine. The Rules Engine is a component of AWS IoT Core. The Rules Engine evaluates inbound messages published into AWS IoT Core and transforms and delivers them to another device or a cloud service, based on business rules you define.
Your Project is currently running an EMR cluster which is used to perform a processing task every day from 5pm to 10 pm. But the data admin has noticed that the cluster is being billed for the entire day. What will you do configuration here for the cluster to reduce the costs?
Answer : We can use transient clusters in EMR. There are two kinds of EMR clusters: transient and long-running. If you want to configure your cluster to be automatically terminated then it is terminated after all the steps complete.This is a transient cluster. Transient clusters are compute clusters that automatically shut down and stop billing when processing is finished.
Which storage types can be used with Amazon EMR?
Answer : Local file system
Question: Which PowerShell cmdlet is used to add a new EC2 instance?
Ans – New-EC2Instance
Question: Which port does SSH use?
Ans – 22
Question: You are using the AWS management console to launch a new EC2 Windows instance. You would like to have a script execute when the instance is launched. Into which field should you place the launch script commands?
Ans – User data
Describe different types of Storage For Amazon Ec2?
- Amazon EBS- Amazon EBS provides durable, block-level storage volumes that you can attach to a running instance. You can use Amazon EBS as a primary storage device for data that requires frequent and granular updates. For example, Amazon EBS is the recommended storage option when you run a database on an instance.
- Amazon EC2 instance store- This disk storage is referred to as instance store. Instance store provides temporary block-level storage for instances. The data on an instance store volume persists only during the life of the associated instance; if you stop, hibernate, or terminate an instance, any data on instance store volumes is lost.
- Amazon EFS file system- Amazon EFS provides scalable file storage for use with Amazon EC2. You can create an EFS file system and configure your instances to mount the file system.
- Amazon S3- Amazon S3 provides access to reliable and inexpensive data storage infrastructure. It is designed to make web-scale computing easier by enabling you to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from within Amazon EC2 or anywhere on the web.
- Adding storage- The root storage device contains all the information necessary to boot the instance. You can specify storage volumes in addition to the root device volume when you create an AMI or launch an instance using block device mapping.
What is auto-scaling?
- Autoscaling, also spelled auto scaling or auto-scaling, and sometimes also called automatic scaling, is a method used in cloud computing that dynamically adjusts the amount of computational resources in a server farm – typically measured by the number of active servers – automatically based on the load on the farm.
- Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling helps you maintain application availability and allows you to automatically add or remove EC2 instances according to conditions you define.
- Dynamic scaling responds to changing demand and predictive scaling automatically schedules the right number of EC2 instances based on predicted demand.
- If you specify scaling policies, then Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling can launch or terminate instances as demand on your application increases or decreases. For example, the following Auto Scaling group has a minimum size of one instance, a desired capacity of two instances, and a maximum size of four instances.
- When you use Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling, your applications gain the following benefits:
- Better fault tolerance. Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling can detect when an instance is unhealthy, terminate it, and launch an instance to replace it.
- Better availability.
- Better cost management.
Can you establish a peering connection to a VPC in a different REGION?
What are the Storage of classes of Amazon?
Scalable Storage in Cloud
Block Storage for EC2
AWS Elastic File System
Managed File Storage for EC2
Low-cost Achieve Storage in the
AWS Storage Gateway
Hybrid Storage Integration
Petabyte-Scale Data Transport
AWS Snowball Edge
Petabyte-scale Data to Transport with
Exabyte-scale Data to Transport
How to update AMI tools at the Boot Time on linux?
# Update to Amazon EC2 AMI tools
echo ” + Updating EC2 AMI tools”
yum update -y aws-amitools-ec2
echo ” + Updated EC2 AMI tools”
What are the top 10 advantages of Cloud Computing?
Pay as you Go Model.
Less or No CAPEX.
Easy to Manage.
Less Deployment Time.