EC2 Knowledge Check
- Can Spread Placement Groups be deployed across multiple Availability Zones?
- Your EC2 instance in us-east-1a is got terminated, and the attached EBS volume is now available. Your teammate tells you he can’t seen to attach it to your instance in us-east-1.What should be reason?
Ans-EBS volumes are AZ locked
- What type of Amazon’s EBS volumes are?
Ans – Block based storage
- Deepak has provisioned an 8TB gp2 EBS volume and he is running out of IOPS. What is NOT a way to increase performance?
Ans- Increase EBS Volume Size
- What is the underlying Hypervisor for EC2 ? (Choose 2)
- Your Project Lead would like to leverage EBS volumes in parallel to linearly increase performance, while accepting greater failure risks. Which RAID mode helps him in achieving that?
Ans- RAID 0
- Spread Placement Groups can be deployed across multiple Availability Zones. Is it true or false?
- Although EBS is already a replicated solution, Our company cloudvikas advised us to use a RAID mode that will mirror data and will allow our instance to not be affected if an EBS volume entirely fails. Which RAID mode will be recommend?
Ans- RAID 1
- If an Amazon EBS volume is an additional partition (not the root volume), can I detach it without stopping the instance?
Yes, although it may take some time.
- Ajit would like to have the same data being accessible as an NFS drive cross AZ on all your EC2 instances. What do you recommend?
ANS-Mount an EFS
- To retrieve instance metadata or user data,which IP Address will be used ?
- Consider your project manager don’t want to loose the cache upon termination of your instance. Which storage mechanism do you recommend as a Solution Architect?
Ans –Instance Store
- if I terminated an EC2 instance, would that EBS root volume persist?
Ans: Only if I specify (using either the AWS Console or the CLI) that it should do so.
- Consider you have a requirement saying that You need EC2 instances with the highest performance while talking to each. Which placement group should you choose?
- To help you manage your Amazon EC2 instances, you can assign your own metadata in the form of some parameter? What is that parameter?
Ans – Tags
- Your teammate plans to run NoSQL database year-round on EC2. Which instance launch mode should you choose?
Ans- Reserved Instances
- You need to know both the private IP address and public IP address of your EC2 instance. You should ________.
Ans – Retrieve the instance Metadata from .
- In AWS Project, 1 team member built and published an AMI in the region A and other teammate built in region B. Doing so , both team members cannot see their AMIs in their regions. What is reason?
Ans-An AMI created for a region can only be seen in that region only.
- Which of the following features only relate to Spread Placement Groups?
Ans: The placement group can only have 7 running instances per Availability Zone
- Which EC2 launch modes allows you to get visibility into physical cores and underlying network socket?
- Is it possible to perform actions on an existing Amazon EBS Snapshot?
Yes, through the AWS APIs, CLI, and AWS Console.
- You are launching an application cloudvikas on EC2 and the whole process of installing the application takes about 40 minutes. You would like to minimize the total time for your instance to boot up. What do you recommend?
Ans- Create an AMI after installing the application and launch from the AMI
- Can I use the AWS Console to add a role to an EC2 instance after that instance has been created and powered-up?
- When creating a new security group, all inbound traffic is allowed by default. Is it true or false?
- Which AWS CLI command should I use to create a snapshot of an EBS volume?
Ans: ec2 create-snapshot
- EBS Snapshots are backed up to S3 in what manner?
- Standard Reserved Instances can be moved between regions. Is it true or false?